The good thing about trying to lose weight jumping jacks is that it does not cost you money and you can do it at home.
Is it really possible though to lose weight by doing jumping jacks? Jumping jacks is an activity. Activity is crucial to be able shed unwanted pounds. The kind of activities that help burn calories are ones that get your heart rate up and exercises that are weight bearing. Weight bearing exercises help to build strong bones and tone muscles. You see, jumping jacks are both a cardio exercise as well as a weight bearing because you have to lift your own weight against gravity.
Is it safe to do jumping jacks?
Make sure you are on a solid surface that is not slippery. You will want to wear athletic shoes to support your foot and ankles. So use comfortable shoes that will help you land on the floor without sliding or slipping. Choose an area that is big enough for you to jump around and not hit anything.
Now that you have chosen an area that is suited for this activity, it's time to get started. Here are some more tips to help you burn calories and shed unwanted pounds.
Lose Weight Jumping Jacks Tips
- Stretch your legs, arms, and sides to help warm up your muscles and aid in mobility. Stretching beforehand can help you to avoid injury. It can also lengthen your muscles and promote more movement.
- Warm up for a few minutes to loosen your muscles. You can do this by jogging for a minute in place or doing some lunges. Arm circles are a good way to warm up your arms.
- Start with a small number of jumping jacks and then work your way up to doing more. Resting between each set is very effective. Intervals are great for keeping your energy throughout your workout.
- Make variations with the jacks. Since the common jumping jack with clapping your hands at the top of your head is just one motion, your body could plateau after a while and halt your weight loss progress. Changing it up can work different muscle groups and promote fat cells to burn. Try jumping up with both legs off of the ground at the same time your arms go up. Another variation is to do a front kick and alternate legs.
- Remember to drink plenty of water.
the link above and you will get Instant Access to our FREE Report which will show you how to easily shed unwanted pounds, keep it off, and increase your energy. Go to our website now since we only give away a limited number of FREE Reports each week!