Is losing weight and weight maintenance different? Just a little bit. Working towards a goal and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel is great motivation. Now at the end of the tunnel, your motivation may be a little deflated. The reasons for losing extra pounds may be different or have shifted now that you have hit your weight loss goal. Take courage from the habits you have formed and continue on the path of health and energy. Those same reasons, family, family health history, feeling and looking better, can continue to drive your success and create habits that last a lifetime. Now let's take a look at weight loss maintenance tips.
10 Weight Loss Maintenance Tips
- Secure your routines. Good habits are easier to form when you have a specific routine. Some people don't like routines and would rather go with the flow. That is fine, but your body does like routine. The body thrives on wake hours and then sleep hours. When the sleep/wake cycle are interrupted, the body systems are affected. A morning and evening routine are most important.
- Eat Breakfast. Continue to eat 3-6 meals a day loaded with fresh fruits and veggies. Smoothies are a healthy and easy breakfast. Regular meals aid the body's metabolism.
- Limit Electronics. Less time sitting in front of a computer or television, means more time for physical activity.
- Accept setbacks. Even though you have met your goal weight, sometimes life happens and you get off track. Vacations, illness, or the Holidays, can affect your routine and thus cause weight gain. Just accept the time off for what it was and get back on track. Setbacks are going to happen. Rely on your habits and experience to get you through.
- Continued support. Maintaining a desired weight can be difficult without a good support system. Surround yourself with supportive and positive people.
- Spend time outdoors. Nature has a way of relaxing you and helping you be active. Take advantage of what the outdoors have to offer.
- Relax. Stress can cause weight gain. Learn stress management techniques and incorporate them into your routine.
- Be grateful. Be thankful for what you have accomplished. Be grateful everyday for the health you enjoy. Being grateful has a positive effect on your mind and body. Grateful people experience more joy and happiness.
- Cleansing diet. Detox your body around 3 times a year to maintain digestive health.
- Take vitamins. Remember to take your vitamins and supplements to support your weight loss maintenance efforts.
this LINK theamazingu.toolsrock.com/weightloss-index.html?id=2603 as a thank you for reading my article. I'm offering a FREE Report on “How To Lose Up To 8 Lbs Of Fat In 5 Days”.
the link above and you will get Instant Access to our FREE Report which will show you how to easily shed unwanted pounds and increase your energy. Go to our website now since we only give away a limited number of FREE Reports each week.