Belly fat is one of the most vexing challenges amongst persons who are trying to lose weight. Often times even when progress is evident in other areas of the body, belly fat lingers on seemingly unperturbed. But now that we are beginning to have a better understanding of this problem, more effective actions could be employed to control it. Five habits to avoid in helping to reduce belly fat are detailed below:
- Eating Before Bet-time: Eating just before reposing for the night can be totally devastating to anyone who is trying to lose or not to gain belly fat. Pre-bed-time eating gives the body little or no opportunity to burn up the calories you ingest and as a result insulin goes to work and sends the unused food off to the liver where it is converted into fat for storage in the gut. Do this night after night and you will literally not be able to touch your toes in a short while.
- Overeating: Everywhere we look we can see signs of over eating. One of the primary reasons people get fat is due to the fact that they overeat. In other words, we consume more calories on a daily basis than our body can possibly use. As usual, excess calories are converted into fat and stored in places like the belly.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
- Alcohol Consumption: Now I know you have been hearing about the two drinks a day quota, but that’s a bunch of crap. Don’t pay attention to that, it will only get you into trouble. Alcohol, including beer and wine, is packed with processed sugar and carbohydrates. Sugar and carbohydrates are top fat producers and should be avoided if you are trying to get rid of belly fat. If you want a big belly fast just keep gulping down your bottles of beer, shots of tequila or glasses of wine and you will not be disappointed.
- Sweet Sugary Foods: Talk about a fertilizer for growing a big gut – you got it. In my opinion, sugar is the number one cause of belly fat. When sugar is consumed, in any form, it spikes insulin and insulin goes to work sending excess glucose of to the liver to be converted into fat. The harder insulin works, the more fat is created and sent off to the belly for storage; of course, increased fat storage means the bigger the belly becomes. To thwart this process you have to get rid of the sugars in your diet.
- Frequent Eating: When you eat frequently, you continually keep insulin levels elevated. Elevated insulin levels in bad for a number of reasons, but in terms of belly fat it is especially bad because fat is continually being created. When fat is created it must be stored somewhere and the most like place is the belly. So if you want to reduce belly fat, try to keep insulin levels low by eating less frequently.
Apart from being unsightly, belly fat may signify other serious health conditions lurking within. Some findings have shown that a huge belly may be the harbinger of conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease to name a few. The preceding discussion suggests that certain habits may contribute to the development of fat around the abdomen and should be avoided. Help make belly fat a distant memory by embracing these healthy suggestions.